This site is intended only for healthcare professionals resident in the United Kingdom
Prescribing information can be found at the bottom of the page
Depo-Medrone is indicated for the symptomatic treatment of; rheumatic disorders, collagen diseases, dermatological diseases, allergic states, gastrointestinal disease, respiratory disease. Depo-Medrone may be used by any of the following routes; intramuscular, intra-articular, periarticular, intrabursal, intralesional or into the tendon sheath.
Arthritis presents a spectrum of treatment and lifestyle challenges
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is associated with reduced mobility, loss of time at work, and diminished quality of life (QoL)
- Patients with RA experience restricted mobility and concomitant pain as a result of irreversible joint damage1
- Almost 30% of patients with RA stop working within one year of diagnosis2
- RA is associated with poorer psychosocial well-being, decreased life satisfaction and emotional distress3
Osteoarthritis (OA) has an adverse impact on patients’ physical and psychological health
- 71% of people with OA are in constant joint pain, which equates to 6 million people in the UK4
- Joint pain and reduced function affect an individual’s social life and limit their independence4
- Joint pain comorbidity (JPC) is common in patients with knee OA and is negatively associated with health-related QoL5
Steroid injections, like Depo-Medrone6, are widely used to treat musculoskeletal problems like osteoarthritis (OA)7
Watch 3 short videos showing how to inject into the knee, shoulder
- Breaking down barriers: Rheumatoid arthritis and public awareness. NRAS. 2013. Available at: https://www.nras.org.uk/publications/breaking-down-barriers-public-awareness-of-rheumatoid-arthritis-report. Accessed November 2019.
- I want to work survey. NRAS. 2007. Available at: https://www.nras.org.uk/publications/i-want-to-work-survey. Accessed November 2019.
- Emotional health & well-being matters. NRAS. 2018. Available at: https://www.nras.org.uk/publications/emotional-health-well-being-matters. Accessed October 2019.
- Arthritis Care; OA Nation Report 2012. Available at: https://issuu.com/arthritiscare/docs/oa_nation_2012_report. Accessed November 2019.
- Hoogeboom TJ et al. Rheumatology. 2013;52:543–46.
- Depo Medrone Summary of Product Characteristics
- Housman L, Arden N et al. Intra-articualr hylastan versus steroid for knee osteoarthritis. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 2014; 22(7): 1684-1692