- A favourable pharmacokinetic profile compared to other echinocandins1
- No known drug interactions2,3
- No dose adjustment required in hepatic or renal impairment2
- Better efficacy and significantly higher global success rate versus the gold standard fluconazole in the treatment of candidaemia4
This site is intended only for healthcare professionals resident in the United Kingdom
Prescribing information can be found at the bottom of the page
Ecalta® (anidulafungin) is an echinocandin indicated for the treatment of invasive candidiasis in adult patients including the following patient populations: non neutropenic patients, neutropenic patients and patients with deep-tissue infections.
Considerations for clinical practice
- Kim R, et al. Expert Opin Pharmacother 2007;8(10):1479–1492.
- Ecalta® Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Vazquez JA. Clin Ther 2005;27(6):657–673.
- Reboli AC, et al. N Engl J Med 2007;356:2472–2482.