Easy to administer
Convenient once-daily intravenous (IV) dosing without dose adjustment1
Single loading dose: IV anidulafungin 200 mg
Daily maintenance dose: IV anidulafungin 100 mg
Duration of treatment should be based upon the patient’s clinical response. In general, antifungal therapy should continue for at least 14 days after the last positive culture1
No dose adjustments required:1
• in patients with mild, moderate or severe hepatic impairment
• in patients with any degree of renal insufficiency, including those on dialysis
• based on gender, weight, ethnicity, HIV positivity or in advanced age
Simple IV Preparation1
Ecalta® is easy to reconstitute:
• Choose a diluent: 0.9% saline or 5% glucose for infusion
Ecalta® is easy to dilute:
Ecalta® is easy to administer:
• For IV use only
• Infusion rate should not exceed 1.1 mg/min (equivalent to 1.4 ml/min)
For more information, please refer to the full Summary of Product Characteristics.
Ecalta® has no known drug interactions and it is not an inhibitor, inducer or substrate of CYP450 isoenzymes.1,2*
|Ecalta (anidulafungin)||No known drug interactions1*|
|Caspofungin3||Ciciosporin A, tacrolimus and rifampicin. Potential interaction with other inducers of metabolic enzymes such as efavirenz, dexamethasone, phenytoin, nevirapine and carbamazepine|
|Micafungin4||Itraconazole, sirolimus, nifedipine and amphotericin B deoxycholate|
|Fluconazole5||Cisapride, terfenadine, astemizole, pimozide, quinidine, erythromycin, halofantrine, rifampicin, all-trans retinoid acid, alfentanil, amitriptyline/ nortriptyline, coumarin-type anticoagulants, short-acting benzodiazepines, carbamazepine, celecoxib, cyclophosphamide, fentanyl, ciclosporin, sirolimus, losartan, methadone, NSAIDs, phenytoin, prednisone, rifabutin, saquinavir, oral sulphonylureas, theophylline, voriconazole and zidovudine. Potential interaction with other drugs metabolised by CYP3A4 such as nifedipine, isradipine, amlodipine, verapamil and felodipine, ivacaftor, HMG CoA reductase inhibitors, everolimus, tacrolimus and vinca alkaloids|
For more information please refer to the full Summary of Product Characteristics
NSAID, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug
*Interaction studies have been performed in adults1
ǂEither 9mg/ml (0.9%) sodium chloride for infusion or 50 mg/ml (5%) glucose for infusion.
† Infusion solution concentration is 0.77 mg/ml.
IV, intravenous; WFI, water for infusion
1. Ecalta® Summary of Product Characteristics.
2. Vazquez JA. Clin Ther 2005;27:657–673.
3. Cancidas (Formerly Caspofungin MSD) Summary of Product Characteristics.
4. Micafungin Summary of Product Characteristics.
5. Diflucan Summary of Product Characteristics.