- Use of voriconazole, the gold-standard, recommended first-line treatment for invasive aspergillosis (IA), is supported by clinical trials and real-world evidence 1-4
- Oral and IV voriconazole options deliver flexible treatment and prophylaxis for both adults and children5
This site is intended only for healthcare professionals resident in the United Kingdom
Prescribing information can be found at the bottom of the page
Vfend® (voriconazole) is a broad-spectrum, triazole antifungal agent and is indicated in adults and children aged 2 years and above as follows:
- Treatment of invasive aspergillosis.
- Treatment of candidaemia in non-neutropenic patients.
- Treatment of fluconazole-resistant serious invasive Candida infections (including C. krusei).
- Treatment of serious fungal infections caused by Scedosporium spp. and Fusarium spp.
Vfend® should be administered primarily to patients with progressive, possibly life-threatening infections.
- Prophylaxis of invasive fungal infections in high risk allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT) recipients.
- Herbrecht R, et al. N Engl J Med. 2002; 346(6):408-15.
- Walsh TJ, et al. Clin Infect Dis. 2008; 46(30): 327-60.
- Herbrecht R, et al. 2013-Update of the ECIL Guidelines for Antifungal Therapy in Leukaemia and HSCT Patients (ECIL-5). Dated accessed: November 2019.
- Baddley JW, et al. Clin Infect Dis. 2010; 50(12): 1559-7.
- Vfend ® Summary of Product Characteristics.